Thursday, July 10, 2008

Amazing Boston

Foster had an office in Boston this summer and was able to take me with him on one of his visits to the office. It was incredible to see all the sites and learn more history about the beginning of America. We left the kids with Rose and Kazzy - and travelled with just Ambria. She was an awesome traveller! And I think that she really enjoyed all the one-on-one attention she received from both me and dad!!

Here are some sites we visited...

We visited Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall. Did I spell that right? It was one of the main spots in our visit. We would drive in from the suburbs of Boston, and park along one of the streets, then walk into the Market area. From there we would head out to wherever we were going that day. We mostly ended up walking the Freedom Trail, which was kind of like a self-guided walking tour of all the different historical sites. I hadn't done that much walking since Japan!





Here is a statue of Samuel Adams. (There were a lot of statues on the Trail. So get ready for pictures of statues.)



Oh, and look, another statue. This is of Ben Franklin. I love Ben Franklin. I think that he would be a pretty humorous guy. He is one of my favorites, along with Abraham Lincoln.



I don't think that I mentioned that we were able to be in Boston on the 4th of July. We were able to watch the fireworks off the banks of this river. I know it was probably some famous place. It was incredible. And also, we were so lucky, because one of our favorite groups sang with the Boston Pops, Rascal Flatts. And the fireworks were amazing!!





One of our last visits into the main Boston area was to visit the big pirate ship, USS Constitution. It was so much fun. I kept thinking how much Sam and Owen would love the big boat.





And our last and final statue picture is of Paul Revere.



The Boston Temple can be seen right from the freeway. It is incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know Boston is one place I have always wanted to visit?

    ReplyDelete