I have been keeping my blender on my counter for about a month now, even though it erupted into flames the last time I made my baby food.
I was blending up some leftover roast and rice and green beans, and my blender started to smoke. Normal occurance when I make baby food - I think I need a tougher blender. So I turned it off and just pulsed a bit to break the food down a bit more.
Well, then it started smoking more. So I thought, "huh, different." I turned the blender off, took off the pitcher thing part, and flipped the base over. Yup, flames. Is it a good thing to see flames?
I have had this blender since Foster and I were married. I made baby food for all my kids with this. So it has been sitting on my counter.
A couple of days ago, I tried to use my blender again, thinking, MAYBE, the flames weren't such a bad thing. Yeah. No. Flames are never a good thing. So I am commemorating this wonderful blender with a post on my blog of its very own.
Farewell, my faithful old friend. (Sniff, sniff.)
Did you get a new blender?
ReplyDelete