Monday, April 27, 2009

Grass, Grass, Grass

We have grass in our backyard. It is so wonderful. Oh and not only that, we have four different kinds of fruit trees. Yeah, yeah.

We prepped the yard for about two weeks, between snow and rain storms. Then finally had enough of a break in the weather to lay the sod. It was fast, amazingly fast, thanks to our wonderful neighbor across the street and Foster's friend. Incredible. I was so sure that it would take a couple of days.


My in-laws brought over a peach, rainer cherry, apple, and Japanese pear tree. It is so fun watching the trees start to bloom. I can hardly wait!

So now we are taking a little reprieve from the yard work. Foster has gone out for the beginning of summer, and I am making the necessary adjustments to survival mode! I was thinking of taking a before and after picture of me and the kids, but it is already too late! One day, and the house is a disaster and the kids are scavenging for food on their own.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you have grass now! We will have to come play on it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have grass, it looks great! Thanks for the great BBQ, and not being able to go out and enjoy the grass because of the weather... just kidding :) It was great food, and your yard looks a TON better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need somewhere to go while Foster is gone, call me and we'll go to the park or something.

    ReplyDelete