October and November blurred into one huge, really short month. We had a Halloween birthday party for Sara, who turned 7. Here's a shot of her mummy cake.
Then a mad dash to finish costumes, of which I got no pictures. Yeah me. I am trying to convince my kids to redress up in their costumes, but so far, to no avail. Maybe I need to bribe them with candy?! We'll see.
Then I took Ambria, and went up to Calgary to visit the family for about 11 days, did some family history, got H1N1, which sounds a lot better than swine flu, came home, recuperated, had a Watabe family gathering for Thanksgiving, and then an extended Watabe family gathering to celebrate the season. Then November ended.
Now we are into December.
Oh, but before November ended, I got out the camera, blew off the layer of dust, and took a couple of pictures. So here goes.
A picture of my homeless lady. She had pulled on Sara's skirt, Sara's shoes, Sara's big blue puffy jacket, and was walking down the street carrying a camping kettle. I was over at my friend's house, and my friend glanced out her door, and said, "is that Ambria?" I had to do a double take, but it was. I wish I had a picture of her. It was awesome. Yes, I let my kids wander the neighborhood alone. No, I really don't. So I didn't get a picture of that, but I did get a picture of her trying to get the skirt off.
And here is a picture of Owen's potty toy. If he ever gets it, this toy will be his. He goes into the bathroom, just to stare at this toy. But why won't he just go to the bathroom so he can have this toy!!!!!?????!!! (Oh, number 2, not number 1. Number 1, he's got down, no problem.)
And last, but far from least, the day after Thanksgiving, I was given permission to start pulling out Christmas stuff, so up went the tree, and the kids had so much fun decorating it. It is only about four feet tall, pre-lit, yeah, and cost me $5.00 at the end of the season last year, and the kids love it. They did a pretty good job decorating it, don't you think? Our tree skirt is being borrowed for a couple of weeks, but we should get it back before Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment