Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Catching Up

My life has been a blur this past year.  But here is the past 8 months - Christmas card style.

Hockey, hockey, hockey.  My life has been consumed by hockey.  Hockey practice twice a week, hockey games on Saturday.  And the games are all over the place, so we usually leave Saturday morning and come home by supper time.  A couple of times we have left Friday night and stayed overnight somewhere.  but it has been so much fun watching my boys deelop some pretty good hockey talent!

Sara has been going to dance class twice a week, and I have gone a couple of times.  She is actually doing really well.  I was worried that she was going to be a rhythm-challenged as I am, but it looks like she may have inherited some long-lost dancing/rhythm gene (since we know Foster is also dance/rhythm challenged!)

Sara was also baptized in November, and her Auntie Elisa, cousins, Grandma and Grandpa all came down from Canada to be there with her.  It was so much fun, and so great! She had a beautiful dress to wear, that her Auntie Kay made.

Ambria started dance class once a week, and she LOVES it!!  She also turned 3 at the end of December and we celebrated with just the family and a few friends.  Her party was a Barbie cake.  She is even more of a pink girl than Sara ever was.

Owen turned 5, and we are getting him ready for Kindergarten this fall.  He has been going to my friend's preschool just down the street.  Some mornings he just runs down there on his own, and I spend a frantic ten minutes searching everywhere for him, before I give my friend a call to see if he is down there.  He is becoming very independent and daring.  Time to set some more ground rules!

Sam is in the Spanish/English 1st grade class, and is doing amazing.  He has picked up Spanish pretty well.  I was a little worried about him at first, but his teachers have told me he is keeping up with his English and his Spanish and is doing fine.  He turned 7!  And we had a little Lego party for him and a few friends during Spring Break.

Calvin has learned a lot in the last few months - rolling over, sitting up, standing, climbing stairs, climbing the slide is Sam and Owen's room, waving "bye", clapping, saying "no" with his hands.  The kids have loved teaching him and having him do the same things over and over and over and over and over....  It has been great for me too, since Cal really likes to do things over and over and over and over, but I don't have to! :)

The company Foster works for went through a rebranding a few months ago, and is no longer APXAlarm, but is now called vivint. (with a . at the end).  The fun part of that was being able to be a part of the rebranding.  Some of the kids made it onto the new homepage, http://www.vivint.com/ - for those of you that are interested :).  And rumor has it that one of them is even on some of the new handouts.  I haven't seen it yet, but I have Foster keeping an eye out for it!

I haven't really had time to do much besides just trying to keep up with my kids, but here are some of the projects that I have been working on - baby quilt for my sil, crocheted hats for my sil, hats for Sara and Amb, ear warmers for my nieces, flowers and hair band for my niece, easter baskets for the kids (which I actually have to fix and make a bit bigger), and, I am working on reorganizing the house and all the stuff in it.

Okay, so I think I am all caught up!  Feels good!  Have a great snowy day everyone! Oh, and we are going private, so if anyone wants to be added to the list, send me your email!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment